The Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology is the first school in a Swiss university of applied sciences to be devoted to IT. The new Zug-Rotkreuz campus offers bachelor degree programmes in Digital Ideation, Computer Science, Information and Cyber Security, International IT Management and Business Information Technology and master’s degree programmes in Engineering and Business Information Technology. Rounding out the School’s offer are attractive continuing education courses and applied research and services. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1800-plus staff and more than 11,500 degree and continuing education students.
Application Security & Cryptography, including Quantum Cryptography, is a growing research topic at the Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology. As part of the SNSF Practice-to-Science grant “Quantum Cryptography in practice”, we are seeking someone to join our research team:
Doctoral Position in Quantum Cryptography
- You conduct state-of-the-art research in Quantum Cryptography at the interface of Computer Science, Physics and Engineering.
- You study practical Quantum Key Distribution and Quantum Random Number Generation protocols, analyze their security and develop secure and efficient alternative protocols. You develop methods to assess and quantify the quality and “quantumness” of Quantum Random Number Generators
- You actively collaborate with our research partners from academia and industry. In particular, you will be enrolled in the doctoral programme of ETH Zurich and closely exchange with the group of Prof. Renato Renner
- You support our research team in additional projects in IT security together with our industrial partners
- You support teaching activities and supervise student projects at Bachelor and Master level
- Curiosity and a passion for research
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Strong background in Quantum Information, Quantum Cryptography, Cryptographic Protocols and/or Information Security
- Good analytical and conceptual skills and motivation to work on both theoretical and practical questions in Quantum Cryptography and IT Security
- Fluency in written and spoken English; German advantageous (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to explain complex facts and ideally experience with writing scientific texts
- Interesting and challenging job with high degree of self-responsibility in a professional environment
- Interdisciplinary research collaborations with industrial and academic partners from all regions of Switzerland and world-wide
- A growing school with an open-minded, dynamic and result-oriented culture with research teams working on diverse topics in computer science
- Current terms of employment and working conditions
- Attractive workplace in immediate proximity to Rotkreuz train station in central Switzerland
- Flexible working hours
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Starting date is flexible, but ideally before summer 2021.
For any further Information please contact Dr. Esther Hänggi T +41 41 757 68 97, email@example.com,
We are looking forward to your online application on www.hslu.ch/jobs.