The Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology is the first school in a Swiss university of applied sciences to be devoted to IT. The new Zug-Rotkreuz campus offers bachelor degree programmes in Digital Ideation, Computer Science, Information and Cyber Security, International IT Management and Business Information Technology and master’s degree programmes in Engineering and Business Information Technology. Rounding out the School’s offer are attractive continuing education courses and applied research and services. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1800-plus staff and more than 11,500 degree and continuing education students.
Application Security & Cryptography, including Quantum Cryptography, is a growing research topic at the Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology. As part of the SNSF Practice-to-Science grant “Quantum Cryptography in practice”, we are seeking someone to join our research team.
Research Associate Quantum Cryptography & IT security (50-100%)
- You work on research projects in Quantum Cryptography and IT Security at the interface of Computer Science, Physics and Engineering
- You actively collaborate with our research partners from academia and industry
- You support our research team in the acquisition of new projects, take responsibility for work-packages and project management and independently and collaboratively investigate research questions
- Curiosity and a passion for research
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong background in IT Security and/or Cryptography; knowledge in Quantum Information advantageous
- Good software engineering skills
- Good analytical and conceptual skills and motivation to work on both theoretical and practical questions in Quantum Cryptography and IT Security
- Fluency in written and spoken English; German advantageous (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to explain complex facts and ideally experience with writing scientific texts
- Interesting and challenging job with high degree of self-responsibility in a professional environment
- Interdisciplinary research collaborations with industrial and academic partners from all regions of Switzerland and world-wide
- A growing school with an open-minded, dynamic and result-oriented culture with research teams working on diverse topics in computer science
- Current terms of employment and working conditions
- Attractive workplace in immediate proximity to Rotkreuz train station in central Switzerland
- Flexible working hours
- For a junior position: possibility to combine the employment with enrollment in a study-programme towards a Master of Science in Engineering (MSE)
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Starting date is flexible, but ideally before summer 2021. For any further Information please contact Dr. Esther Hänggi T +41 41 757 68 97, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.hslu.ch/de-ch/informatik/forschung/systems-and-software/application-security-and-cryptography/.
We are looking forward to your online application on www.hslu.ch/jobs.