The Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology is the first school in a Swiss university of applied sciences to be devoted to IT. The new Zug-Rotkreuz campus offers bachelor degree programs in Digital Ideation, Computer Science, Information and Cyber Security, AI and Machine Learning, International IT Management and Business Information Technology and master’s degree programs in Engineering and Business Information Technology. Rounding out the School’s offer are attractive continuing education courses and applied research and services. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1800-plus staff and more than 11,500 degree and continuing education students.
We are seeking someone to join our research team with immediate effect or by mutual agreement:
Research Associate, Senior Researcher or Lecturer (m/f) in blockchain applications (80-100%)
- Acquiring national and international research projects in the application of blockchain technology across a variety of industries and conducting them successfully in collaboration with our staff.
- Supervising student projects and bachelor/master’s assignments/theses.
- Bringing your knowledge of information technology into the bachelor/master’s degree programs.
- Proactive involvement in the development of the Lucerne School of Information Technology.
- You hold a master degree (ETH/university) in the field of information technology, doctorate desirable.
- You have research experience in the area of blockchain and worked in corresponding projects.
- You have experience or are strongly interested in the blockchain domain such as smart contract (Solidity or Teal), multichain interoperability, privacy-preservation, ZKP, SSI, Multiparty Computation
- You are able to communicate complex subject matter clearly and capacity to effectively combine research results with teaching.
- You are able to integrate well in an existing team and make an active contribution; you are flexible and capable of working autonomously.
- You have good networks and possess contacts with other researchers and universities in the field of blockchain.
What we offer
- Close contacts with important stakeholders in the Crypto Valley Zug community.
- An exciting environment that includes interdisciplinary tasks at the interface between education and research.
- The opportunity to position yourself nationally and internationally in this new field of research.
- Work in a new self-organizing team structure in a growing school alongside proven experts.
The Lucerne School of Information Technology offers up-to-the-minute terms of employment and working conditions, as well as an attractive place of work on our modern campus close to Rotkreuz railway station.
For further information please contact the co-head of the Information Systems Research Lab, Prof. Dr. Alexander Denzler, T +41 41 757 68 89, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hslu.ch/informatik.
We are looking forward to your online application.