The Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology is the first school in a Swiss university of applied sciences to be devoted to IT. The new Zug-Rotkreuz campus offers bachelor degree programmes in Digital Ideation, Computer Science, Information and Cyber Security, AI and Machine Learning, International IT Management and Business Information Technology and master’s degree programmes in Engineering and Business Information Technology. Rounding out the School’s offer are attractive continuing education courses and applied research and services. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1800-plus staff and more than 11,500 degree and continuing education students.
Application Security & Cryptography, including Quantum Cryptography, is a growing research topic at the Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology. As part of the SNSF Practice-to-Science grant “Quantum Cryptography in practice”, we are seeking someone to join our small but expanding research team.
Senior Research Associate Cryptography and Quantum Information (60-100%)
- You work on research projects in (Quantum) Cryptography and IT Security at the interface of Computer Science, Physics and Engineering
- You develop secure and efficient protocols for quantum cryptography, especially quantum key distribution and quantum random number generation
- You design secure cryptographic systems using multi-party computation and differential privacy
- You analyze and improve the security of practical IT systems
- You actively collaborate with our research partners from academia and industry
- You support our research team in the acquisition of new projects, take responsibility for project management and independently and collaboratively investigate research questions
- You support teaching activities and supervise student projects at Bachelor and Master level
- Curiosity and a passion for research
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong background in Cryptography, IT security and Quantum Information
- Experience in software engineering is a plus
- Good analytical and conceptual skills and motivation to work on both theoretical and practical questions in Cryptography and IT Security
- Fluency in written and spoken English; German advantageous (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to explain complex facts and experience with writing scientific texts
- Interesting and challenging job with high degree of self-responsibility in a professional environment
- Interdisciplinary research collaborations with industrial and academic partners from all regions of Switzerland and world-wide
- A growing school with an open-minded, dynamic and result-oriented culture with research teams working on diverse topics in Computer Science
- Current terms of employment and working conditions
- Attractive workplace in immediate proximity to Rotkreuz train station in central Switzerland
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Starting date is flexible, but ideally before November 2022. For any further Information please contact Prof. Dr. Esther Hänggi T +41 41 757 68 97, email@example.com, https://www.hslu.ch/de-ch/informatik/forschung/systems-and-software/application-security-and-cryptography/. We are looking forward to your online application on www.hslu.ch/jobs.